Hi guys! Tonight I am excited to tell you about my favorite Christmas Cookie. Yes, it’s very important friends, and just had to be a part of the tag! Yesterday we talked about wine, tonight we talk about cookies! When we first went vegan The Coronado is the first place we went to. I always felt very welcome there from the moment we walked in.
Just like anything else at first, it was kind of scary. But now I will have my first memories of veganism shared there. Vegans and non-vegans alike love this place!
Being Vegan has been the best decision we’ve ever made, just like going to The Coronado. Not only do they have the best Cauliflower Tacos in the world, they ALSO have the best rosemary chocolate cookies. It’s a unique tasting experience that brings so much more flavor than any other chocolate chip cookie!
Although I don’t have the real recipe… here is one adapted from love me, feed me:
- ½ cup refined coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ c nondairy music
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (golden preferred)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour (bob’s red mill is best)
- ½ tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie pan or cover with parchment paper.
- Mix together the coconut oil and rosemary until relatively smooth.
- Now add both sugars and beat for about a minute.
- Add the non dairy milk and ground flax seed and mix again.
- In a small bowl whisk together about half the flour with the salt, and baking powder,
- Mix well with the wet ingredients. Add the remainder of the flour, along with the chocolate chips, and mix until it looks like cookie dough.
- I love using an ice cream scoop to put out the dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes if you like your cookies a little softer like me, otherwise go ahead and
- Take out and let cool down a bit before serving.
- Grab your favorite glass of dairy free milk and enjoy!
If you are in Phoenix, I highly recommend The Coronado for these cookies and everything else…. but if you’re not in Phoenix, make the recipe and let me know what you think! 🙂
Hope your Tuesday brings you joy… Just one step closer to Friday… See you tomorrow! ❤