Hi friends! Hope you had a fun weekend. I can’t wait to share more of mine with you later this week. 🙂 But first things first, TACOS! Yes, tacos! My favorite meal. I loveeeee veganizing tacos. This week’s taco recipe is INSANE! Buffalo cauliflower tacos!!! Yummmm. Cauliflower is all the rage right now in foodie world. Cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower rice, cauliflower everything! But cauliflower tacos? Yes! This must happen…
Enough… let’s get right into the recipe. Here’s what you’ll need for this heaven of a taco:
- 1 head cauliflower cut in bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup buffalo sauce separated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion salt (from Trader Joe’s)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- vegan sour cream or ranch
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and prepare a greased baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combine your avocado oil, cauliflower and spices.
- Then add in 1/4 cup of your buffalo sauce.
- Combine everything as best as you can.
- Place your marinated cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flip, and then another 15 minutes.
- Heat up the remaining buffalo sauce on low/medium during this time.
- Take out your Buffalo Cauliflower from the oven, and add it back into your mixing bowl.
- Put the rest of your buffalo sauce and stir well.
- Assemble tacos as you please. 🙂 I put the cauliflower in, then the avocado slices, and then the romaine.
- Drizzle with vegan ranch or sour cream. (I love the Daiya brand)
- Top with cilantro and green onions!
- Enjoy! 🙂
Here’s some BTS prep photos for you!. (Did I mention buffalo sauce is messy? Oh my! Not the prettiest I must add, but definitely shows the heat!)
Buffalo sauce prep ^
Can’t forget about toppings… AVOCADOS ARE LIFE!
And the final mix of heavenly cauliflower. (I may or may not have added a few squirts of sriracha)
I hope you try these! They are truly addicting.. My hubby scraped his plate and ate the leftover cauliflower. 🙂 He’s already asking for them again.
** PS: If you love crispier cauliflower, I’d recommend broiling the cauliflower on high, right after baking. 🙂
If you make these please comment and send photos! Ahhh, I can’t wait to tell you more about my weekend. You’ll have to come back in a couple days for that!