Hello Everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Hope you had a great weekend. We’ve been so busy preparing for our trip to Vegas to see our family. I’ve had so much to do and I’ve loved every minute of it. Saturday we spent the day volunteering at The Phoenix Rescue mission which was amazing. They were holding their annual winter party complete with Santa and games. We have been wanting to give back for the holiday, so we did some research online and found out they needed help for this event. We met so many incredible deserving families. Our job as chaperones was to assist the children in finding gifts for their parents. It was extremely humbling to see these children choose something special for their parents. They were so excited about the opportunity. It truly taught us the lesson of stuff is just stuff, and family is most important. On Sunday, we spent the day at open houses, and then at night we wrapped all of our gifts and enjoyed our fireplace finally. 🙂 It was the perfect weekend before Christmas. This year I feel that I have grown up so much as a person, and I’m so thankful to have really found myself. Christmas truly is the best time of the year. On that note, I wanted to make us something sweet that we could enjoy this week as a treat to celebrate the week of Christmas. I made this last night and can’t stop eating it. I had to post the recipe on the blog. You guys, this bark is SO AMAZING and so so easy. The best part is that it’s only 3 ingredients. I definitely think this would be a perfect gift for someone you love (or to spoil yourself like we did hehe).
Here are the ingredients:
What you need:
- 2 10 oz bags of vegan semi-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp organic peppermint oil
- 1 large candy cane or 3 small ones
- Melt the two bags of chocolate in a double broiler (or one glass bowl over a boiling pan of water) and set aside.
- Break up the candy cane(s) in a plastic bag with any kind of hammer tool you’d like. Hammer lightly to get some good chunks.
- Put 3/4 of the crushed candy canes in the chocolate and mix all together.
- Spread the melted minty chocolate out on a piece of parchment paper in a deep dish bowl/ pan of your choice.
- Sprinkle remainder of the candy cane bits on top of the chocolate mix.
- Place in the fridge for one hour to cool
- Take out, break into pieces, and put in a tin or storage of your choice.
- Enjoy, or gift to someone you love. 🙂
I hope you have an amazing rest of the week celebrating the upcoming holidays! See you in my next post.